GBM Stalk Shredders
Stalks are the unwanted reject from the harvesting and destemming process that need to be either transported offsite to a disposal site or to a compost site for nature to slowly mulch it.
Stalks represent 5% of the weight but up to 80% of the bunch mass.
With a destemmer processing 20 tons per hour of handpicked grapes can expect up to 1 ton of stalk mass. For a larger winery destemming machine picked grapes at 60 tons per hour can expect at least 1 – 2 tons of stalks matter.
There can be a considerable cost in transporting this off site or even down to the ‘back paddock’ to create your own compost.
The installation of a stalk shredder can dramatically reduce this cost as it will reduce the stalk matter to less than 5mm bits which can represent up to a 80% reduction of the stalk mass. This will save you on your transport costs and/or quicken your composting process!
- TRM Basic for 2 tons/Hr of stalks = Destemmers up to 40 tons/Hr
- Trp Basic or Medium for 7.5 tons/Hr of stalks = Destemmers up to 150 tons/Hr
- Tr4 Medium for 15 tons/Hr of stalks = Destemmers up to 300 tons/Hr
- Tr4 Basic for 30 tons/Hr of stalks = Destemmers up to 600 tons/Hr
- Tr5 or 6 Basic for 40 tons/Hr of stalks = Destemmers up to 800 tons/Hr
- Frame and structure manufactured in painted carbon steel or stainless steel.
- Mincing process composed of 2 series of sharpened knives: one stationary the other rotating
- Knife rotating speed of 3000rpm
- Anti-Locking system installed
- Electrically operated
- Automatic Lubricating system installed on Tr 4, 5, 6 models.
- Automatic washing Trp Medium, Tr 4, 5, 6.
- Electric Control Panel
- Screw Conveyor underneath for movement of the minced stalks
- Belt Conveyor underneath for movement of the minced stalks
- Slide out system for stalk by-passing of the shredder
Here is a video explaining and showing the GBM stak shredders. Please note the audio is in Italian.